When I was asked to write about what my favourite season was, the answer was obvious: Summer!
These are all the reasons why summer is the best for me:
- light evenings when you can sit outside in the garden
- light mornings. I hate getting up, walking the dog and driving to work in the dark.
- being able to eat dinner outside and have a BBQ. Having said that, the BBQ only came out three times last year because the weather was so lousy on the days we were actually free to have one.
- looking at all the flowers and trees with leaves
- being able to hang my washing out. Washing smells so much better when it has dried on the line.
- going for long walks with my dog
- having the time to go out for a run. No one wants to go out for a run in the dark.
- the summer holidays. As a supply teacher I don’t like the six weeks holiday for the lack of work meaning lack of income but I do enjoy being able to spend time with my family and to go out on day trips, etc.
- It’s usually the time of year when we go on our family holiday or holidays. Although it would be better to go and get some sun in the winter, this is the busiest time of year for Mr SmartCookieSam at work so we go when it suits him, not me.
- Eating ice cream.
Which is your favourite season of the year?