I absolutely love Overnight Oats. They take minutes to prepare just before you go to bed. In the morning you can just take the jar with you to work or eat your breakfast quickly at home. As time is so short at home on a work morning, any quick but healthy breakfasts are a big winner with me.
I use a glass jar I got in a hamper which originally had some chutney in it. I washed it out and sterilised it and it has now become my breakfast jar.
My new favourite Overnight Oats recipe comes from one of the Eat Well For Less books and is full of flavour, yet is cheap and cheerful.
Last night before going up to bed I prepared the oats ready for my quick breakfast this morning before going out to the hairdressers for an early appointment.
- Put 40g oats into the glass jar.
- Add 90ml skimmed or semi skimmed milk to the jar and mix together. I used skimmed as semi and full cream make me feel sick!
- Put 1tbsp of peanut butter into the jar and stir. I try to use a no added sugar variety, this one was Morrison’s own smooth peanut butter.
- Add another tbsp of runny honey to the jar.
- Finally add some frozen berries, such as raspberries or blueberries. I used the last of a packet of frozen raspberries. They naturally defrost overnight and weren’t mushy.
This morning I went to the fridge and enjoyed my Overnight Oats straight from the jar with a cup of coffee. They were absolutely delicious. The portion didn’t look that big in the jar but when I had eaten them I realised they were very filling. I didn’t feel hungry all morning and usually I’m scoffing the packet of biscuits I get given with my coffee at the hairdressers. This time they remained untouched. (Is there something wrong with me?)
Have a fantastic weekend.
Love Sam xx